Thursday, September 27, 2012

I need to catch up a little - I haven't posted for a while.  I also went to the Zenith Open House, that was fun and informative.  Got to see William Wynne and Dave Gardiea and Lynn Dilfiger.  Dave and Lynn had nice firewall forward examples for me to check out, and I feel a lot more confident that I can do this!




I pretty much finished the firewall.  There will be holes to put in it carefully, but the basics of the firewall and the nosegear mount are ready.

I also have been working on mounting the firewall and doing the front part of the firewall.

Below is where the motor mounts hold the forward longerons to the firewall.



Started working on the rear spar attach plates, and the rear channel.



This is what it looks like with the the longerons placed, and the firewall adjusted to its 13 degrees from vertical.  The funky angle piece from the firewall to the bottom longeron is actually a brace to help hold the firewall to the right angle


Every day I go in to work on the plane, I make sure the fuselage is level and that the vertical pieces are centered.  Between the plumb bob and the laser I can pretty much keep things lined up.  I'm using two 12' beams on saw horses to support the fuselage, and various shims under the firewall to slope the cabin floor.




Worked locating the instrument panel and the seat back.



Gusset that holds the instrument panel.



Attachment plate that holds the upper part of the back of the seat, and also the front part of the baggage compartment.




It takes a lot of clamps to do this!


Before going to Mexico, MO, I did a quick and dirty layout of the instrument panel.  It's really too busy, I need to look further at this.







Well, that's enough for tonight.  Pictures of the Mexico MO trip next......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home