Saturday, September 7, 2013

Today was hot, but I got a lot done.  I tightened up the motor mount.  Then I started on the dual sticks.  I plopped the engine onto the bed mount and loosely fit the urethane bushings / between the bed mount and the engine.  It will probably be on and off several times, as I need to have it in place to check for interference,


And the front view - the Corvair engine is quite compact.


A close up of the urethane bushings used to mount the engine.  They are suspension parts.



Then I went to work on the dual sticks.  The Zenith Zodiac normally uses a single center stick, but I am used to flying with my outside hand on the stick, and my inside hand on the throttle.


The torque tube for the ailerons is attached with threaded rods to the dual sticks.


The elevator control horn pivots off the torque tube.


It was hot during the day, but I went back in the evening, and started working on the rear top skin of the fuselage.




1 Comments:

At February 25, 2014 at 10:22 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

You are actually building your own private airplane! It’s been my dream to fly in my own plane since childhood and you’re really taking it to the next level by making your own. That says something a lot about you r engineering skills and your daring! It’s looking good up to your last post, I do hope you update us more on the status of your project.

Shawn @ HolsteinAviation.com

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home